- Phone: (662) 241-7200
- Fax: (662) 241-7226
CHS Counseling Department
Welcome to the Colubus High School Counseling Department. CHS Counseling Department adhere to the State of Mississippi School Counseling Standards and the American School Counseling competencies. Mississippi Department Standards and the American Counseling competencies consist of three areas: academic, career and personal-social development. CHS Counseling Department utilize parents, teachers and students needs assessment to meet the need of all stakeholders.
CHS Counseling Department Mission Statement
To provide a positive education experience for students.
CHS Counseling Department Vision
To create an educational environment where all students are provided with the skills necessary to enter the workforce, military or post secondary education and be successful.
CHS Counseling Department Goals
- To assist students with educational, personal , career, and goal planning.
- To assist students in identifying and dealing with problems.
- To assist students with selecting Career Pathway that will meet their academic and career goals (including college and post secondary placement).
- Help to identify students who need specialized academic services, and facilitate the delivery of those services.
- Assist teachers, parents, and students to interpret and use test scores to improve instructions.
- To assist students and parents with scholarship information.
CHS Counseling Department Staff and Directory
- Mrs. Mary Rush – School Counselor A-G 9th- 12th
- Mrs. Annie Hinton – School Counselor H-N 9th- 12th
- Mrs. Dana McConnell – School Counselor O-Z 9th- 12th
- Ms. Gina Lahman – At Risk Counselor
- Mrs. Laurie Davis – Dual Enrollment Counselor (662) 241-7290
- Mrs. Cindy Harris – McKellar Vocational Counselor (662) 241-7290
- Mrs. Yulunda Dawkins, Career Center Specialist
- Mrs. Felicia Vance, Register -Data Entry
Columbus High School Couneling Department Announements
- Log into Schoology for Scholarship and additional school news (link to Schoology)
- Apply for Aid Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- Free Mississippi Financial AID www.msfinancialaid.org
- Columbus Municipal School District Graduation Tracking Form
- MDE link for Traditional Diploma with Endorsements
- Freshman Admission Requirements for University System Institutions College Preparatory Curriculum www.mississippi.edu/admissions/curriculum.asp
- ACT Registration and ACT Resources: www.act.org
- Whay Take the ACT?
- College and Career Planning, ACT Resources: www.get2college.org
- Dual Credits: Did you know that you can earn college credit while in high school by taking Dual Enrollment classes? (11th-12th Grade only) Contact Laurie Davis for additional information:
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
“EVERY DECISION IN THE BEST INTEREST OF OUR STUDENTS”