Columbus High School Media Specialists:
Mrs. Tonneche Brown
Library Hours: 9:00-3:30
LIBRARY/MEDIA CENTER POLICIES
- Books may be checked out for a two-week period; they may be renewed for an additional two-week period.
- The fine for an overdue book is ten cents per school day per book up to $5.00 per book. The fine accrues until the book is returned. The student is not clear in the library until the book is returned and the fine paid. A refund for a lost book that has been paid for will be made only if the book is found and returned during that school year.
- If a book is lost or damaged, the student must pay for the lost or damaged book in order to retain library privileges. The student is responsible for all books or fines on his or her student ID card.
- Eating, drinking, and gum chewing are not permitted in the library.
- Books are checked out by using a student library card.
- Each student must sign in at the circulation desk.
- The library staff does not issue passes to the restrooms, lockers, or to excuse tardiness.
- ASK for help in locating books and other information. Your library staff is here to help you!
Reference Books are not available for check out. They must be used in the library. Photocopying necessary pages is suggested.
Need a book now? Visit the local library! They also have free programming for ages 0-18.
- Columbus-Lowndes Public Library
- 314 7th St. North Columbus, MS 39701